perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Re: mod_perl presence at OSCON (and other CONs) is at danger
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:06:28 GMT
Dave Rolsky wrote:
> Uh, both Mason and TT have large active communities, lots of docs, books
> about them, code samples.

I agree.  There isn't much sense in writing a new toolkit from scratch
when you look at the stuff on this page:
http://perl.apache.org/products/app-server.html

Many of these have significant user communities.

Things like PHP or J2EE look like a single integrated thing from the
outside, but when you scratch the surface you discover that developers
who use them are having the same discussions that we have about which
templating tool to use (yes, even with PHP), and how to deal with
databases and sessions.

> ePerl is basically dead and all references to
> it should be abolished, since it only serves to confuse people.  Perrin,
> maybe you could update your templating comparison article to remove things
> which have gone stale in the intervening years (ePerl & Apache::XPP, I
> think).

Yes, and I need to replace HTML_Tree with Petal as well.

- Perrin