perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl2 timely catching SIGPIPE
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:35:31 GMT
[Jim, please keep the thread on the list, so others will be able to re-use
that discussion via archives later on when they hit the same problem. Thanks.]

>> Excellent, looking forward for your docs Jim.
>

> Is there any particular format people use to report such findings?  Any
> examples online?  I don't really consider this issue to be a bug, rather
> a need to understand how perl 5.8 handles signals.  But, I would guess
> there is some mod_perl doc that would be appropriate to include my
> signal explanation.

Right, this is not a bug.

Here is how to submit mod_perl doc patches in general:

http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html
http://perl.apache.org/contribute/index.html

But if that's too hard, just submit your original report and the solution
(including other solutions I've mentioned) as a short article in pod (or plain
text) and I'll handle the rest.

Most likely it should belong here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html
but since this is a generic perl issue, not quite specific to mp2, it's
probably better suited to:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/perl_reference/perl_reference.html
with cross-references from:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html

> Once again... thanks so much for your help.  What a relief after
> battling this problem for 3 days.

You're welcome, Jim :)