perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl presence at OSCON (and other CONs) is at danger
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:13:04 GMT
Gerald Richter wrote:
> Stas (or anybody else)
>
>>It so appears that in the last few years we get less and less
>>mod_perl talks and tutorials at the big (non-YAPC) conferences.
>

> Do you know how many talks / tutorials were submitted ?

I don't have that information. if you remember in the previous years some of
us were asked to help choose the talks. In the last few years we are no longer
asked to do so.

> Asking the other way round: Was it a problem of to less submissions or that
> the submissions didn't got accepted?
>
> I have submitted a tutorial about mod_perl and security, but it wasn't
> accepted. Since security is not so very special, I guess it was not
> accepted, because the oscon people didn't expect so much interest in
> mod_perl?

As I'm not involved with the committee that makes the decisions I can't tell.
But I do know a few folks that have submitted talks and they weren't accepted.
I know last year I submitted a tutorial and a talk, and only the tutorial was
accepted. This year I didn't even bother to submit a talk proposal. I suppose
other people get discouraged too and submit less. I could be wrong, as this is
all handwaving.