perl-modperl mailing list archives

From gunther <gunt...@extropia.com>
Subject Re: velocigen
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:39:02 GMT
The following talk link discusses how to do something similar to what
you ask

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/view/e_sess/1262

I am not sure if Oreilly allows the presentations to be downloaded for
old conferences somewhere on their website. If not, email me privately
and I will dig up the slides for you.

In summary, you will probably do well by replacing start() and end()
fnctions with BEGIN, END blocks instead and using Apache::PerlRun
instead of Apache::Registry since Velocigen is more similar to PerlRun.
Try Apache::Registry though because Apache::Registry is even better (but
more finicky about how you write your code). Anyway, I am 95% sure that
this would let you run your velocigen scripts mostly in mod_perl with
minimal hassles.

AxKit is really a tool on top of mod_perl, so migrating velocigen
scripts to AxKit is really another issue entirely.

Good Luck