perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl presence at OSCON (and other CONs) is at danger
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:50:22 GMT
Kreimendahl, Chad J wrote:
> That would rock.   Count me in.   I'd also be willing to take some of my
> free time and help out where possible, whether it be building some
> example sites, or whatever.   Would be nice to have others scrutinize my
> style a bit, too.
>
> It might also be nice to have some sort of well organized knowledge base
> on or near the perl.apache.org site.

I think the infrustructure is all there, just need to fill in the gaps.

> A place where common issues or
> problems could have resolutions beyond the standard documentation.

It's there already:

mp1: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html
mp2: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html

If things are missing, please post a doc patch.

> Here are some ideas for example scripts... Even though there may be
> modules out there that provide similar functionality, they might be good
> to help users better their knowledge about all the things that can be
> done with mp1/2.

It should probably go here:

mp1: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/snippets.html
mp2: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/cooking.html

Here is the info on how to post doc patches:
http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html
http://perl.apache.org/contribute/index.html