perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Hèctor Alòs i Font <ha...@sofresam.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2 / %ENV / "system" function
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:02:56 GMT
En/na Stas Bekman ha escrit:

> Hèctor Alòs i Font wrote:
>
>> I'm migrating a web application from mod_perl 1 to mod_perl 2 [new
>> environment: Apache/2.0.49 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_14 Perl/v5.8.4].
>>
>> The problem is that in some places the %ENV variable is used to pass
>> parameters to programmes called via "system". Now these variables are
>> not found in the called programme. E.g.
>

> Right, environ is not tied in mp2 due to threads issues. Please take a
> look at:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#C_Libraries_Don_t_See_C__ENV__Entries_Set_by_Perl_Code

Thanks for the answer. In fact I saw this piece of documentation
already, but I'm not sure it suits for my case: as I understand, we
might push the parameters in the startup file... but that's useless if
we really want to pass a parameter which is changing from one execution
to the other (not in the case of $ORACLE_PATH). It seems that I'll have
to change quite a little amount of code :-(