perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::MP3 Stream problem
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:12:13 GMT
[CC'ing Lincoln]

HHH3@alum.rpi.edu wrote:
> Hello,
> This is my first question to the mod_perl list so I hope I do it right.
> I have recently ported Apache::MP3 to work with mod_perl 2 on an apache2
> webserver. Everything works right (display, downloading, etc) except the

I wonder how many people have ported this module to mp2 already :) Lincoln,
any chance you can release the ported version into the wild?

> streaming...sometimes. It seems that the first time a user logs on to
> the site and clicks 'Stream' on any directory or file, it will work, but
> any attempts after that it goes to a standard 404 playlist.m3u page not
> found error. That's all there is in the Apache log as well. Sometimes it
> won't stream at all and sometimes it will work more than once. Any ideas
> as to why this would happen? One thought I had was that the shared files
> are on a separate windows box and are shared via Samba. If the playlist
> is actually temporarily created then there might be a permission problem
> with the directories shared via Samba and the webserver is not allowed
> to create a file there. However, sometimes the streaming does work so
> I'm not sure if that make sense. I've taken a class in perl but I don't
> know it well enough to tell if the m3u file is actually created
> somewhere or just sent directly to the user. I'd give out a user/pass to
> the site but that might be bordering on illegal because the music can be
> downloaded. If somone thinks they need access then I'll figure out a way
> to disable the downloading but allow the streaming so it can be tested.

Most likely you want to ask Lincoln about Apache::MP3 issues.

In the future please always try to contact the author of the module that you
have a problem with, before emailing this list. Thank you.