perl-modperl mailing list archives

From James G Smith <JGSm...@TAMU.Edu>
Subject Re: mod_perl presence at OSCON (and other CONs) is at danger
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:29:57 GMT
Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 12:27, Arnaud Blancher wrote:
>> i dont understand why the apache fondation dont talk more about perl
>> (whitch is faster) but always of java/xml.
>
>If people can keep track of a few places where they would like to see
>more Perl coverage, we could try to use some of the name recognition of
>Apache to get some press releases out there.

As some of the Perl/Apache/XML projects mature, we could look at
bringing them under the Apache umbrella as has been done with the
Java/XML stuff -- thinking of SAWA and some of the stuff I'm working
on in particular which have an opportunity to leap-frog some of the
Java/XML stuff if we play it right.  It would give it some weight for
manager-types that think glossies make the technologies work.
--
James Smith <JGSmith@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix