perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Random Joe <sapillai2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mp2 : Win32::GetShortPathName usage
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:47:53 GMT

--- Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Random Joe wrote:
>
> > --- Randy Kobes <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
> wrote:

> 2000
> > > (VC 6.0).

> mod_perl-1.99_13\lib\ModPerl\BuildOptions.pm

> > > You're right - that require of Win32 could be
> > > removed.

> perl
> uses
> ignore
> avoid
> > >
> > > Win32::Process is used to run the tests, which
> is
> > > probably
> > > a good idea ... Was there a problem installing
> > > libwin32?
> > > Or some other reason you want to avoid it?
> >
> > Non technical reason :-) Becomes another thing I
> have
> > to document, maintain etc
>
> Fair enough :) If you don't want to run the tests,
> you could
> get away without Win32::Process, but
> Win32::GetShortPathName
> is still required to build it. So you'd either have
> install libwin32 anyway to build it, or comment out
> the
> relevant Win32::* calls.

oops, i got confused. If Win32::GetShortPathName and
brothers are in Perl Core why should I need to install
libwin32 ?

perl-src/win32/win32.c defines GetShortPathName -
which seems to be calling the system's
GetShortPathName() directly.

> However, it's *really* recommended to run the test
> suite,
> which is pretty extensive; if you run into problems
> using

Yes, I do plan to use the test suite "as part of
nightly test runs". My question was more about whether
mod_perl required any Win32::* stuff during normal
operations. Apparently it does not.

regards
srp