perl-modperl mailing list archives

From mathieu.mil...@ratp.fr
Subject PerlTransHandler and 302 'Object Moved' response from web server
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 10:12:15 GMT
	Hi everyone,

I have searched through the archive but I haven't a solution to my problem.

I'm using a PerlTransHandler module to reverse proxy a website.

The website itself sets a cookie for tracking its 'own' session and my
module handles it without trouble (well, I think).

On some pages, the website sends a 302 'Object Moved' response and instead
of returning the 302 response to the web browser, Apache/my handler tries to
GET the new Location by itself, without setting the website's cookie. So,
the website losts its session and the user is sent back to the homepage.

My perlTransHandler uses a derivative work from the following code on the
mod_perl tricks page :
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/tips/mod_perl_tricks/mod_perl_tricks.h
tml#A_Banner_Ad_Blocker
to handle the request generates by my reverse proxy and the response from
the Web site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely yours, Mathieu MILLET.
PS : I have no control over the (reverse)proxied website.

--
Mathieu MILLET
mailto:mathieu.millet@ratp.fr