perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] default handler
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 19:52:19 GMT
Udlei Nattis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem to set default handler when enter in my website
>
> httpd.conf:
>
>        $Location{"/"} = {
>            SetHandler  => "perl-script",
>            PerlHandler => "eShop::Web::Shop::home",
>            PerlOptions => "+SetupEnv",
>        };
>
> but when i access /image.gif, apache open module Shop::home
> exist one solution for dont use module when i open another file
> or for exemplo i rename location for /default and apache
> load this modulos when i set DirectoryIndex
>
> i look for one ModuleIndex...
>
> thanks all and sorry my english

Let's see whether I understood you correctly. You want to have
Shop::Web::Shop::home to handle everything but a few other resources, for
which you want to run the default handler (like images).
In which case, take a look at:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Overriding_E_lt_LocationE_gt__Setting_in__Sub_Location_

Since you use <Perl> sections, you need to ensure that things are kept in the
correct order, so / won't override other setting. So you will probably need to
use Tie::IxHash...

Philippe, could you please update
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/PerlSections.html
with examples on how to keep things in the order? Thanks!