perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "JupiterHost.Net" <mli...@jupiterhost.net>
Subject Re: mod_perl File Extension Configuration instead of a Path Configuration
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 16:39:40 GMT

petersm wrote:

> If you want to do something like this ... every file ending in .pl is run as
> an Apache::Registry (mod_perl 1) script you could do something like this in
> your httpd.conf
>
> [snip]
>
> PerlModule Apache::Registry
> AddHandler perl-script .mpl
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>
> [/snip]

Excellent thanks!

> This kind of setup is dangerous if you have users who can put .mpl scripts
> anywhere inside of the document tree 'cause those scripts will run with the

If they only have access to /home/user it would be cool right?
IE: it would be just as dangerouse as running a regular perl or shell or
OTHER_LANGUAGE_HERE script in their home dir, correct?

> same permissions that your own scripts run with. If you can control the whole
> document tree it's not that bad.

mod_perl scripts are run with the permissions of the user correct?
IE if Apache its 'nobody' or otherwsie (getpwuid($>))[0]