perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: bug with mod_perl and CGI.pm
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 17:12:50 GMT
Lincoln Stein wrote:
> Hi Lan,
>
> Do you think this might be a bug in mod_perl 1.99X?  It is the
> responsibility of mod_perl's CGI compatibility mode to set the CGI
> environment variables.  It doesn't look as though CGI.pm ever tries
> to set CONTENT_LENGTH itself, even when running under mod_perl, but
> relies on mod_perl to do this.  I'm not trying to evade
> responsibility here, but just to understand where this bug report
> should be directed.

Lincoln,

If anybody reports to you a problem with a mp2 which is as old 1.99_05 (2
years old) as them to update to the latest current version. CGI.pm works just
fine with it. You may even consider to change CGI.pm to refuse to run unless
they have let's say at least 1.99_12 and keep on moving the target till 2.0 is
released, to save yourself and the user time. Thanks!

Lan, please update to mod_perl 1.99_13 which is the latest version and try
again. If still in trouble, please post the bugreport to this list. Thanks.

[...]