perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: PerlTransHandler and 302 'Object Moved' response from web server
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 18:10:01 GMT
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 06:12, mathieu.millet@ratp.fr wrote:
> On some pages, the website sends a 302 'Object Moved' response and instead
> of returning the 302 response to the web browser, Apache/my handler tries to
> GET the new Location by itself, without setting the website's cookie. So,
> the website losts its session and the user is sent back to the homepage.

It sounds like you know what you need to do: send the cookie on to the
other site.  Where are you getting stuck?  Is it just that you don't
know how to stop LWP from handling redirects automatically?  Check the
LWP::UserAgent man page for the simple_request() method.  You can also
give it cookies to send on every request.

- Perrin