perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Brad Bowman <l...@bereft.net>
Subject mp guide: <Perl> sections -> leaks
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 07:15:00 GMT
Hello,

I've had problems with <Perl> sections causing leaks with
graceful restart, at least with some versions/setups of mod_perl.
I thought the problem should be noted in the guide.

A patch is attached for:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.pod.orig

I no longer have my test code, it was a while ago.
Here's the link and mail exchange that confirmed my tests:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/304620

> >> that's strange, do you have PerlFreshRestart On or some <Perl> sections?
> >> otherwise, kill -HUP with a static modperl is a noop.
> >
> >You got me!  I have <Perl>  sections ... but I didn't know
> >it was such a crime.  Pretty bizarre behavior if you ask me.
>
> it's not a crime, but if you're running Perl code during restart there's a
> strong chance you'll be growing the server size.  i agree 1M is bizarre
> though.

Brad

--
... There is dignity in paucity of words. ... -- Hagakure