perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Richard Calosso" <>
Subject SOAP::Lite dispatching problems
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 22:04:07 GMT
I am trying to get my Apache server to dispatch SOAP requests per some
examples on the SOAP::Lite docs with not much success.  I am running on RH9
with Apache 2.0.49, mod_perl 1.99_13 built on perl v5.8.3 all built from
source locally.
I added the following location directive to httpd.conf

<Location /Broadline/SOAP>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
 PerlSetVar dispatch_to "DLManager"

If have the following as in the perl INC path:
package DLManager;

sub sayHello {
    return "Hello" . shift;

and am using the following simple client to execute it.
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

use strict;

use SOAP::Lite;

my $Name = shift;
print "\nCalling Service\n";
print SOAP::Lite

When I execute the client program I get
405 Method not allowed at / line 11
error and no error messages in the error or access log files.
Can someone shed some light on this for me?  I read all the docs I could
find regarding this on Google and and still have not been able
to resolve the problem.

View raw message