perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Ranney <dran...@intellisurvey.com>
Subject [JOB] mod_perl Programmer Mission Viejo, CA
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 06:28:29 GMT
IntelliSurvey, Inc. programs and hosts online surveys for a variety of
clients in the market research industry. We offer both software
licensing via an ASP model for our do-it-yourself clients, and we
program surveys using our own software on a project-by-project basis
for clients who would rather outsource all survey set up.

Our core software is built using Perl, mod_perl, DBI, and Apache
running on Linux servers. We need experienced software engineers to
help us expand and improve on our core software.

Required Skills and Responsibilities:
The software engineer will learn our overall system architecture as
quickly as possible and then help us continually expand and improve our
systems by writing modular, clean code. In addition the person will be
asked to assist with client projects from time to time, particularly on
more difficult custom jobs, so excellent communication skills are also
needed.

Object-oriented Perl, mod_perl, DBI and PostgreSQL are the primary
skills the employee will be using day to day. However the ability to
learn quickly and adapt is more important than any particular technical
skill.

Other desired skills:
	- The ability to set up hardware (for example, installing all
necessary software on a new Linux server) and some level of networking
expertise.
	- The ability to understand our business and suggest ways to leverage
our current technology.
	- The ability to work independently

Finally, because we are a relatively small company, everyone may be
asked to wear different hats and help with whatever other tasks are
necessary to help the company grow and prosper.

Please send resume, code samples, other background information, and
salary expectations to jobs@intellisurvey.com.