perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@taperfriendlymusic.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] [solved] Re: Getting help for MasonX::Apache2Handler
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:20:57 GMT
On Apr 17, 2004, at 1:03 AM, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Beau E. Cox wrote:
> [...]
>> Linux version 2.6.5 (Beau E. Cox on @cathy.beaucox.com)
>> (gcc version 3.3.3) #1 Mon Apr 5 22:15:29 HST 2004
>> I did this:
>> $ export RTLD_NOW=1
>> $ perl Makefile.PL
> [...]
>> Writing Makefile for MasonX::Apache2Handler
>> $ set|grep RTLD
>> RTLD_NOW=1
>> Everything ok. Can't seem to reproduce your problem, Fred.
>
> That means that Makemaker is doing something different on OSX, than
> Linux. Fred, try adding this at the very top of your Makefile.PL and
> that should show you who tries to load APR/Table.pm
>
> BEGIN {
>   use Carp;
>   $SIG{__DIE__} = \&Carp::confess;
> }

The error statement is being thrown while requiring Apache::Cookie in
MakeMaker.  I was able to verify this with a test script requiring
Apache::Cookie.  This problem is specific to apreq2 on Darwin, I'll
take this issue to the appropriate list.

Thanks for your help guys.  Sorry for the false alarm Beau.
MasonX::Apache2Handler is working great on Linux.

Fred