perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Missing submit button if after a file field
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:08:05 GMT
"Rob Mueller" <robm@fastmail.fm> writes:

> but didn't hear anything back, so I thought I'd try here...

Odd that you say there was no answer, when the ensuing apreq-dev@
discussion  (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108146010300004&r=1&w=2)

  1) researched the issue and determined the cause, tracing it back to a
     similar report on February 6, 2002 (from you!) regarding Mozilla 0.97:

        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=101295988431701&q=raw

  2) determined that the missing CRLF from Konqueror is still
     RFC-compliant:

        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=108184431529065&w=2

  3) resulted in a patch to httpd-apreq-2 cvs over the weekend:

        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-cvs&m=108225244312182&w=2

There is no patch available for httpd-apreq (libapreq-1), because
nobody (myself included) has volunteered one yet.  It may wind up
simply being documented as a bug if nobody fixes it before the
next release of httpd-apreq.

I'll answer your email directly below, in the hopes of clearing this
up for you so some motivated person might patch httpd-apreq.

[...excellent bug report elided...]

> To be honest, I haven't dug through the spec to see if buttons are supposed
> to come before other fields, but as far as I can tell, this problem only
> happens if the button field is submitted by the browser immediately after a
> file field,

The empty file field coming from Konqueror is missing a CRLF.  That
does not violate RFC 2046, however it breaks httpd-apreq's mfd parser
(probably CGI.pm's also) because the parser assumes that CRLF will be
there.

This is the reason why the subsequent "Submit" button is missing from the
params: the parser interpreted its block as being the upload file's contents.
The missing CRLF causes the parser to skip over the boundary string
separating the (empty) file block from the "Submit" button's block.

--
Joe Schaefer