perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mp2 Apache2.0.49 on HPUX11i : mod_perl does not load in Apache
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:54:29 GMT
At 12:23 PM 4/30/2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Thanks Bill!
>
>Do other Apache modules work as DSO on those platforms?

Since my builds are 32 bit, I can't tell you for certain, but I'd expect
the httpd/apr folks would have heard by now of a problem.

Difference, is that most modules are not nearly as complex, nor require
the startup constructor and destructor logic that mod_perl needs.

Oh, silly observation - but if the whole thing is fluxored, I wonder if modperl,
or perl is compiled against some additional 32-bit libs.

HP is migrating folks away from shl_xxx api to the dl_xxx api, but they
have done a lousy job on consistency in hpux-11/32 bit.  With their 11i
64 bit support they have been much more consistent, and practically
scream for users to move to dl_xxx.  This is why I wanted Olivier to try
backing out that patch that picks up shl_ over dl_.

>We have DSO problems with OpenBSD 2.9, FreeBSD (not sure which version) and a few others,
not sure if they are related at all. Most of the time there is no error at all, httpd just
hangs.

Altogether unrelated, I expect.  The items I mentioned were unique to HP/UX.