perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl installation and non-standard perl path in FreeBSD
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:13:00 GMT
Andy Harrison wrote:
> Hoping there might be another FreeBSD user here who may have been
> through this already...
>
> For reasons I don't want to trouble you with, I had to install the
> latest perl freebsd port into /usr/local/rt3/perl/ and now I need to
> get mod_perl to compile against that version.

Unless I miss something specific to FreeBSD ports, the whole thing should be
as easy as doing:

/usr/local/rt3/perl/bin/perl Makefile.PL ... && make && make test &&
make install

I don't understand why are you trying to mess up with env vars at all. You
obviously miss the first step, i.e. 'perl Makefile.PL'