perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kemin Zhou <kemin.z...@ferring.com>
Subject Mod_perl not receiving changed made by JavaScript: bug
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:12:08 GMT
I look at the bug report no where to find an entry for this bug.

I am using Apache 2, mod_perl2 with RedHat 9.0
Everything is working find.

Using Apache::Registry for CGI scripts.

I have toy form with a few fields, One field can register changed made
to other fields.
This changed_field is dynamically generated.

One submit, the value of the changed_field is not properly submitted to
the perl program
if using mod_perl.

Either it says it is not changed or it will receive the changed state in
previous submissions.

It looks there is some caching going on in the http server.

This problem goes away if the perl program is run under CGI.

I am not sure you have seen this one before.  Or there may be a
configuration error in my
httpd.conf.

Kemin

here is my JavaScript, it should work with any form

<script language=JavaScript>
function addhandlers(f) {
   for (var i = 0; i < f.elements.length; i++) {
      var e = f.elements[i];
      e.onchange = function() {
         if (this.form.changed.value == "")
            this.form.changed.value = this.name;
         else
            this.form.changed.value += " " + this.name;
      }
   }
   f.onsubmit = submit();
}
addhandlers(document.updateForm);
document.write(document.updateForm.changed.value);
</script>

You can write a simple server-side perl script to receive information
from the form.

Proprietary or confidential information belonging to Ferring Holding SA or to one of its affiliated
companies may be contained in the message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such person), please do not copy
or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the
sender by reply e-mail. Please advise the sender immediately if you or your employer do not
consent to e-mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message represent the opinion of the sender and do not necessarily represent or reflect
the views and opinions of Ferring.