perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeremy Silva <jsi...@mitre.org>
Subject Weird CGI Caching problem
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:03:46 GMT
I'm having a problem with Mod_perl 2.0 that I cannot seem to find any
help on.

I found some help on Mod Perl's caching
(http://bulknews.net/lib/mod_perl_guide/porting.html)
and tested some of his scripts.  I was having some problems in some of
my conversions, so I decided to modify his scripts to see if the problem
persisted.

mycounter.pl
_________________
   use CGI;
   my $counter;
   my $cgi;
   sub run{
     print "Content-type: text/plain\r\n\r\n";
	print "HERE";

	$counter = 0;
	$cgi=null;
	$cgi=CGI->new;
     for (1..5) {
       increment_counter();
     }
		$cgi=null;

   }
   sub increment_counter{
     $counter++;
	my $str=$cgi->param("name");
     print "Name=$str Counter is equal to $counter !\r\n";
   }
   1;

counter.pl
   use strict;
   require "./mycounter.pl";
   run();

 From a browser, I've passed in some name and then have tried changing
it.  It seems as though Apache2 is keeping the CGI parameters cached in
memory for every run.  My question is, how do I make sure I get the
latest CGI object from Apache?  As you can see, I've tried changing the
cgi parameter to null (and everything else).

JS