perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: [mp2?] silent exit on undefined subroutine
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:07:55 GMT
On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:53:49 -0400
MJH <mjhlist-modperl@liminalflux.net> wrote:

> Whilst trying to debug a script running under mp2/Apache::Registry I
> was getting failures where the script would just exit in the middle
> with no warnings, error messages or other indication to say what might
> have happened.
>
> I narrowed it down to a call to a subroutine that wasn't in local
> scope (I'd forgotten to do a "use mylocalfunctions::debug" to include
> my debugging routines into one of my local modules).
>
> Further testing reduced the cause to a "bless" call for the session
> management object I'm using (not anything from cpan). If I try calling
> an undefined subroutine before the bless (which at that point is on an
> empty hash reference), I get the error message. If I call it after the
> bless, I get no error and an immediate exit. I've attempted to
> reproduce this using just perl and always gett the error message.
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this before (google, perldoc, etc
> haven't turned up anything)? Other than stripping everything down to
> make a minimalist test case (which is what I'm working on at the
> moment), is there anything else I can do to try and track what's
> happening?

  Apache::DB has been ported to mp2 so if you want you can use the
  Perl debugger to step through your code line by line, by break point,
  etc. and see exactly what is happening.

  I'll be releasing the new code on CPAN sometime tomorrow, but you can
  grab a prelim copy at:

  http://cpan.org/authors/id/F/FW/FWILES/Apache-DB-0.07.tar.gz

  I'm not 100% sure this will help you find the problem, but it's worth
  a shot.