perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: Getting started with mod_perl
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:42:54 GMT
On 08 Apr 2004 11:35:50 -0700
merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

> Stas> While mod_perl2 is almost there it is still in beta and some of
> the Stas> API is still changing. So if you want to stick with a stable
> API use Stas> mod_perl1 for now.
>
> Yeah, I was wondering about that.
>
> In particular, I've been drafted to give a "mod perl" talk on the
> Apache track at OSCON.  My notes are all mod-perl1.  Will I be boo'ed
> off the stage if I mention mod_perl2 only in passing?

  I think as long as you specify up front that it's mostly about mp1
  I don't think anyone would boo you. :)  However, you might not get as
  big of a turn out from those of us who have switched or are in the
  process of switching to 2.0.

  Considering most (if not all) of the talks last year at OSCON were
  about 2.0 or switching to 2.0, a mostly 1.0 talk might be welcomed
  by people who are new to mod_perl or not looking to switch in the
  near future.