perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Joseph E. Sacco, Ph. D." <jsa...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Old question: 'my_perl undeclared'
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:55:44 GMT
Geoff,

Good News...

Following the philosophy of "let sleeping dogs lie" I have replaced YDL's
httpd-2.0.40 using SRPM's from the Fedora project [RedHat has developed a PPC
branch. The new YDL maybe???].

With an installed version of httpd [2.0.49] that is acceptable to
mod_perl-1.99_13,  mod_perl builds and tests without incident using a
threaded version of perl-5.8.3.

The 'my_perl' undeclared problem seen when compiling versions of mod_perl  up
through mod_perl-1.99_09 "went away".   Hmmm....

There was quite a bit of collateral damage from updating the httpd arising
from new requirements and interdependencies with other  packages.
Specifically:
* httpd-2.0.49-2.src.rpm
* apr-util-0.9.4-14.src.rpm
* apr-util-0.9.4-14.src.rpm
* mod_auth_mysql-20030510-4.1.src.rpm
* mod_auth_pgsql-2.0.1-4.1.src.rpm
* php-4.3.4-10.1.src.rpm
  [still working on this one. A required package, elfutils, failed some of its
   tests.]
* and others I probably have not yet discovered... [:-)]

I used the source tarball from perl.apache.org to build mod_perl-1.99_13

For icing on the cake... Request Tracker-3.0.9,

	http://bestpractical.com/rt/

now works using either fastcgi-2.4.2 or mod_perl-1.99_13.

The current recommendation for building RT with mod_perl is to use httpd-1.3.X
and mod_perl1. Getting RT to work [meaning it comes up... I need to do
further testing] with mod_perl2 is a score.  Life is good.

Be well,

-Joseph

--
Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. <jsacco[at]earthlink[dot]net>
J.E. Sacco & Associates, Inc.