perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Beau E. Cox" <b...@beaucox.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] mod_perl (current cvs) and multiple Apache2s make problems
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:37:27 GMT
On Thursday 01 April 2004 09:38 am, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> > Just wondering, is the older ( -D"2004-03-01" ) Apache2.1 still
> > available via CVS ( without you doing a lot of work )?
> >
> > If I could test against it, it would narrow my problem down.
>
> ok, it looks as though it's an fixable APR problem:
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=108082860631380&w=2
>
> so, the steps to follow are run buildconf and configure as you normally
> would, then edit the generated apr.h as indicated in the above link.  after
> that you ought to be able to run make as usual and things should be ok.  we
> hope...

Geoff, FYI -

'Patching' the APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES to 0 as described above did not work
for me. Even with it set to 0 in apr.h the server seg faulted. However,
using '--disable-lfs' DID work (and APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES did not need to be
patched because it came out of the configure set to 0).

Anyway, I'm a happy camper - and - tomorrow I plan to convert my production
site to 2.1 and see how it goes.

Aloha => Beau;