perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ged Haywood <...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Controlling bandwidth with mp2
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:58:48 GMT
Hello there,

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, gerard uolaquetalestem  wrote:

> looking for modules who control bandwith in apache2
> [snip]
> Read in mail-lists: "The apache module, mod_throttle, worked
> well, but increased CPU load to unusable levels for my employer.
> We dropped both of them shortly after that."

I hadn't seen that message since it wasn't on the mod_perl list,
thanks for pointing it out.  It prompts me to ask two questions:

1. Does anyone on the List have any comments, any experiences to offer?

2. That message is date September 2000.  Things have moved on quite a
bit since then.  If this is an issue, do we have a feel for the impact
that the improved performance and storage capacity of recent machines
will make on it?

73,
Ged.