perl-modperl mailing list archives

From <Ben.Carl...@priority-health.com>
Subject RE: Mod Perl + Apache Error logs, extend DBILogger
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:48:08 GMT

This information is most helpful in understanding what is going on.
That would be the logical thing to think that the during the perlhandler
phase the content() gets sucked up and isn't available for

I looked for more information about using Apache::Request->instance($r) and
only came up with a small snippet from:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/snippets.html#Reusing_Data_from_POST_request

"If you are using Apache::Request, it solves this problem for you with its instance() class
method, which allows Apache::Request to be a singleton. This means that whenever you call
Apache::Request->instance() within a single request you always get the same Apache::Request
object back."

This is what I have below, the problem I'm trying to solve is getting the params (text field
etc.) that were passed to a cgi script.  This Apache module is being called in my httpd.conf
by "PerlLogHandler Apache::ErrorLogger".

It doesn't seem to be getting the params at this point from the POST, I'm probable calling
it wrong or using it in the wrong way ?

 package Apache::ErrorLogger;

 use strict;
 use Apache::Constants qw( :common );
 use Apache::Log;
 use Apache::Request;

sub handler {
        #shift->post_connection(\&logger);
        my $r = shift->last;

        my $apr = Apache::Request->instance($r);
        my $content = $apr->content();

       &Bomb({display=>0, footer=>0, level=>3,  exit=>0, output=>'text',
                       error=>"Paramterts: >^..^< content: $content ",
                       logfile=>'/var/apache_logfile'
                      });

        return OK;
}