perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] B::TerseSize won't run
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:59:04 GMT
Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2004, at 10:02, Ask Solem Hoel wrote:
>
>> When I access /perl-status/ on this server i get a 500 Internal Server
>> Error,
>> and not much information in the error log but "Undefined subroutine
>> &Apache::Status::handler called". If I remove the PerlModule
>> B::TerseSize line from the apacheconfig, /apache-status/ works fine
>> (unless the parts that uses B::TerseSize ofcourse).
>

> B::TerseSize doesn't work on perl 5.8+
>
> I couldn't figure out how to make it work and eventually gave up.

I didn't delve into it, but it seems to somewhat work for me with 5.8.3. I
haven't tested earlier ones. e.g. this
http://localhost:8002/status/perl/APR::Date?noh_b_package_size
gives:

Memory Usage for package APR::Date

Totals: 1013 bytes | 3 OPs

parse_http       254 bytes | 1 OPs
parse_rfc        253 bytes | 1 OPs
bootstrap        253 bytes | 1 OPs
*VERSION{SCALAR}  29 bytes

Though if I try to click to get the parsed tree of the XS, it goes wrong. I
think some parts of the B:: API may have changed. e.g. it seems the
B::Terse::compile returns some code that B:: no longer has, you can dump it
with B::Deparse:

sub noh_b_terse {
     my $r = shift;
     require B::Deparse;
     $r->content_type("text/plain");
     return unless has($r, "terse");
     my $deparse = B::Deparse->new("-p", "-sC");
     no strict 'refs';
     my($arg, $name) = (split "/", $r->uri)[-2,-1];
     $r->print("Syntax Tree Dump ($b_terse_exp{$arg}) for $name\n\n");

     # XXX: blead perl dumps things to STDERR, though the same version
     # works fine with 1.27
     $r->print($deparse->coderef2text(B::Terse::compile()));
}

Hopefully someone will want to look at what has changed in the B:: API in the
recent perls and make the necessary adjustments.