perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Segmentation fault (11)
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:52:42 GMT
Marc Brooks wrote:
> Building an app that runs under mod_perl and have been experiencing some
> issues with DNS? "Cannot find server".
>
> Currently running Apache 1.29, mod_perl, mod_ssl, php 1.29 with modules:
>
> Apache::Request
> Apache::Sesison
> Apache::DBI
> Apache::Cookie
> Template::Toolkit
>
> The situation is when I click on .cgi's throughout the website I
> occasionally experience this error.
>
> After the occurs I refresh the same page and it works.
>
> In the apache error_log I get these messages.
>
> [Thu Jan 22 12:03:27 2004] [notice] child pid 64414 exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)
>
> Any suggestions?

Usually php compiled with a different path than perl/mod_perl to some library
is the cause. Quite often that library is mysql. But can be anything. Search
the archives. For example:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html#_exit_signal_Segmentation_fault__11___with_mysql
If you aren't sure which one is your problem follow:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems
"Getting the Backtrace From Core Dumps" section.