perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] build problem mod_perl-1.99_12 and "make install DESTDIR"
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:28:20 GMT
Matthew Darwin wrote:
> If you build apache with
>
>     ./configure \
>         --prefix=/kinnetics/component/httpd
>
>     make install DESTDIR=/tmp/apache-kinnetics-$USER
>
> then when you try compiling mod_perl you get:
>
>    perl Makefile.PL \
>    MP_AP_PREFIX=/tmp/apache-kinnetics-$USER/kinnetics/component/httpd \
>    LIB=/tmp/apache-kinnetics-$USER/kinnetics/component/httpd/site_perl \
>    PREFIX=/tmp
>

> ************* WARNING *************
> !!! '/tmp/apache-kinnetics-darwin/kinnetics/component/httpd/bin/apxs -q
> INCLUDEDIR' failed:
> !!! cannot open /kinnetics/component/httpd/build/config_vars.mk: No such
> file or directory at
> /tmp/apache-kinnetics-darwin/kinnetics/component/httpd/bin/apxs line 256.
>

> Note that this works just fine under mod_perl 1.99_10-dev.

So this issue has not been resolved, right? I think we could handle that on
the modperl side. If MP_AP_PREFIX is passed, we should make sure that APXS is
not used, even if it has been found. How does that sound? just to test my
suggestion delete
/tmp/apache-kinnetics-darwin/kinnetics/component/httpd/bin/apxs so it won't
find it and try again.

also why don't point MP_AP_PREFIX at the apache source? why do you point it to
the destination dir? this could be your problem.