perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Modperl 2.0 Not finding correct *.conf
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:12:27 GMT
steve larson wrote:

> I can explain the reason I was using the apr-config
> file, due to the several which exist:
[...]

> *** Makefile.PL options:
>   MP_APR_CONFIG   =>
> /usr/local/source/apache2/srclib/apr/apr-config
>   MP_APXS         =>
> /usr/local/apache2/httpd/prefork/bin/apxs
>   MP_AP_PREFIX    => /usr/local/source/apache2

This is your problem. You shouldn't use MP_APR_CONFIG and MP_APXS along with
MP_AP_PREFIX. Besides your MP_APR_CONFIG is wrong, it still points to the
source directory.

Do you mind trying the modperl-2.0 cvs? I've added a check that people won't
do that mistake. See the instructions here:
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

Please rebuild using the following arguments (removed MP_APR_CONFIG and
MP_AP_PREFIX args):

   MP_APXS         =>
/usr/local/apache2/httpd/prefork/bin/apxs
   MP_DEBUG        => 1
   MP_INST_APACHE2 => 1
   MP_TRACE        => 1

then try again 'make test'. If you still have failures please report including
a complete bug report, so I can see what arguments you have used this time.
Thanks.