perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: running 2 versions of apache and mod perl on the same machine
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:03:46 GMT
Malka Cymbalista wrote:
> I am trying to run 2 versions of Apache and mod_perl  - Apache 1.3 with
> modperl 1 and Apache 2 with modperl 2 - on the same machine on 2
> different ports.  I first installed apache 2 with mod perl 2.  Then I
> went to compile and install Apache 1.3 and mod perl 1.  Doing this
> apparently overwrote some of the modules in my perl library.  The
> modules that were overwritten are in the directories
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/auto/Apache
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/mod*
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/sun4-solaris/Apache/
> After I did the Apache 1-modperl 1 installation, things that previously
> worked in apache 2-modperl , stopped working.  Does this mean that I
> need 2 different perl libraries? How does one do that?  BTW, we are
> running perl 5.8.1.
> Thanks for any information.

There is no problem to have both mp generations under the same perl lib, you
need to build mod_perl 2.0 with MP_INST_APACHE2=1.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#MP_INST_APACHE2
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Configuring_mod_perl
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.html#Accessing_the_mod_perl_2_0_Modules