perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] free to wrong pool (win32)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:29:39 GMT
Hi Kurt,

Kurt George Gjerde wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm suddenly getting "Free to wrong pool 12857d8 not 17d8ce0 during
>global destruction" when stopping the httpd (after requesting a certain
>"script" of mine; I've narrowed the problem down to a module which I've
>used for a while without any problems). Anyway, is this something I
>should worry about or is this a mp2/perl8/win32 problem that will be
>solved in time?

Are you using <Perl> sections anywhere?

There is a (very) long thread (on the dev list) starting here:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=106460485716512&w=2

relating to a "Free to wrong pool" error when using <Perl> sections.

The following short httpd.conf file demonstrates the problem in that thread:

=====
LoadModule   perl_module C:\Temp\modperl-2.0\src\modules\perl\mod_perl.so
ServerName   localhost:8529
Listen       8529
ServerRoot   C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/t
DocumentRoot C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/t/htdocs
LogLevel     debug
Listen       8530
<VirtualHost _default_:8530>
  PerlSwitches -IC:/Temp/modperl-2.0/Apache-Test/lib
  PerlSwitches -IC:/Temp/modperl-2.0/blib/lib
  PerlSwitches -IC:/Temp/modperl-2.0/blib/arch
  PerlOptions  +Parent
  <Perl >
    1;
  </Perl>
</VirtualHost>
=====

In our case, the server won't even start.  In fact, even running
apache.exe with the "-t" switch (syntax check) crashes it.  Just
commenting out the "<Perl>1;</Perl>" bit prevents the server from crashing.

Your problem is obviously different since you've got your server
running, but maybe it's related?

- Steve

>The script's running fine with no apparent memory leaks (as far as I can
>see) but the OS suggests to send a bug report to Microsoft every time I
>stop (or restart) the server (another reason to migrate).
>
>[Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_12-dev Perl/v5.8.2]
>
>thanks,
>-Kurt.

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.