perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2) mp1.99_12 fails 9/18 in apache_file.t
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:45:39 GMT
Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
[...]
> If I weren't so busy trying to get WebGUI to run overtop it (the
> upgrade of mp2 didn't fix my problem), I'd observe that there are
> probably lots of other sysopens in the scaffold that ought to be checked
> for error handling... but a) I'd probably be encouraged to generate
> patches (:-) and b) I'm probably worng.

what scaffold you are talking about? There is only one sysopen() call in the
whole modperl-2.0 cvs repository.

modperl-2.0> grep -Ir sysopen .
./lib/Apache/compat.pm:        sysopen $fh, $tmpfile, $Mode, $Perms

and we now check the success of this call. And yes, if you find other
unchecked syscalls that are likely to fail, please at least report those. It
should be trivial to fix.