perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Alexander Bergolth <...@strike.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject mod_perl2 (ModPerl::Registry) crashes httpd if request-object is used in a subroutine
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:58:54 GMT
Hi!

I'm suffering from the following problem:
When I'm using the request-object in a subroutine without having passed
it to the sub as a parameter, the apache child processes die with a
segmentation fault when being reused. If httpd is started with prefork
and StartServers 8, the first 8 requests work but the 9th request kills
all 8 httpd child processes. (They are being restarted by the main http
process after that.) If httpd is started as "httpd -X" (single process),
the first request works and the second crashes the server.

An example script that I've be used to reproce the error on two machines
running Fedora Core 1 is added below.

I've tried
   httpd-2.0.47-10
   mod_perl-1.99_09-10
   perl-5.8.1-92
   apr-0.9.4-2
and
   httpd-2.0.48-4
   mod_perl-1.99_11-3
   perl-5.8.2-7
   apr-0.9.4-2
   (from Fedora Development)

Unfortunately I couldn't get a useful stacktrace with those binary (and
-debuginfo) rpms.

---------- snipp! ----------
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;

my $r = shift;
$r->content_type("text/html");
$r->print( "<html>\n"
           ."<body>\n" );

&printline1($r, "This works");
&printline2("This crashes the httpd process when it is reused");

$r->print( "</body>\n"
           ."</html>\n" );

sub printline1 {
   my $r = shift;
   $r->print($_[0]."<br>\n");
}

sub printline2 {
   $r->print($_[0]."<br>\n");
}

1;

Any hints?

Cheers,
--leo
Alexander (Leo) Bergolth                          leo@leo.wu-wien.ac.at
WU-Wien - Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste       http://leo.wu-wien.ac.at
                  Computers are like air conditioners -
            they stop working properly when you open Windows