perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl-1.28 and apache_1.3.28
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:17:59 GMT
N L wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on Mac osx 10.2.8 (perl v-5.6.0) and I
> try to install
> these 2 applications but under Mod-perl I tried to do
> "make" I got some error messages I really would like
> to solve it. Here is the end of this message:
[...]
> m/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
> -L/System/Library/Perl/darwi
> /CORE -lperl -lm -lc
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regcomp
> regex/libregex.a(regcomp.o) private external
> definition of _regcomp in section
> __TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regcomp.So) definition of _regcomp
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regexec
> regex/libregex.a(regexec.o) private external
> definition of _regexec in section
> __TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regexec.So) definition of _regexec
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _regfree
> regex/libregex.a(regfree.o) private external
> definition of _regfree in section
> __TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(regfree.So) definition of _regfree
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _actions_module
> _include_module
> _log_config_module
> make[3]: *** [target_static] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [build-std] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
> make: *** [apaci_httpd] Error 2

This has been reported several times already, but noone who uses macosx didn't
post a fix. For example see:
where Geoff has suggested:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=106496098331505&w=2
I don't know whether it helped to resolve the problem, as Harry never followed
up on this issue.

Are there any mailing lists/irc channels that macosx people hang out on? if
there is such please ask them to help resolve the issue.