perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jan Algermissen <jalgermis...@topicmapping.com>
Subject poking into request content?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:11:18 GMT
Hi,

I want to write a Perl handler that pokes into the content
of a request in order to see if a certain parameter is present and
if so to change the request method.

Ok, I am finally aware that content() may onle be called once on
a request object so any further handlers won't be able to see the
original content.

Is there a way to restore that data after calling content() or read()?

(I had the idea that calling read might silently make the data available
via content() too, but unfortunately this is not true.

The practical reason for my question can be found here:

http://search.cpan.org/~alger/Apache-MagicPOST/

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Jan

--