perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Beau E. Cox" <b...@beaucox.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] $r->construct_url
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:02:21 GMT
On Tuesday 27 January 2004 05:25 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Beau E. Cox wrote:
> > Hi -
> >
> > -------------8<---------- Start Bug Report ------------8<----------
> > 1. Problem Description:
> >
> > I am having a really strange problem in mod_perl. The following
> > simple test handler:
> >
> > #file:MyApache/HappyFunBall.pm
> > # ---------------------
> > package MyApache::HappyFunBall;
> > use strict;
> > use warnings;
> > use Apache2 ();
> > use Apache::RequestRec ();
> > use Apache::Const -compile => qw( OK );
> >

> >     $r->print( $r->can( 'construct_url' ) ? 'CAN' : 'CAN NOT',
> > 	       " construct_url\n" );
> >     require APR::URI;
>
> cauze it's Apache::URI ;(
>
> lookup construct_url
> To use method 'construct_url' add:
>          use Apache::URI ();
>
> we are working on making this process of figuring out where things are, not
> as painful as it is now.
>
> > On my production apache, it fails ( cannot find construct_url ).
> > On my test apache (running on the _SAME_ maching, using
> > the _SAME_ perl @INC array) ir works! The only difference
> > I can see in the two servers are the Server and Document
> > roots and the virtual hosts setup.
>
> You probably load Apache::URI somewhere on your test machine. For example
> Apache::compat loads this module.
>
>    % grep Apache::URI lib/Apache/compat.pm
> use Apache::URI ();

THANKS Stas!

All is fine with use Apache::URI ();

Once more you're batting 100%.

Aloha => Beau;

PS: I have a working pure-mod_perl2 Mason (using the libapreq2 mod_perl
request interface). It is currently running - OK so far - on my site. I am
packaging it now and plan to announce it here and on Mason in a day
or two.