perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Clayton Cottingham <drf...@telus.net>
Subject Re: [mp1] [bug report] Re: Apache::Request vs Apache->request
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:03:29 GMT
oops! i just checked the bug.t wasnt safed after i put the changes in to
use PP/* modules, that should work ok right? i include it with changes

sorry for the fud

also i injected the pp.conf into extra.conf.in sio there is no need to
include it

there is nothing nessecary in my startup.pl file that needed to be
included for this simple example

i just tested again and still get same errors  from test suite
those being sethandler ifmodule stuff on linux and the fopen proble on
freebsd

and i did follow the readme implicitly
:)

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 14:18, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Clayton Cottingham wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > here is as much information on this as i have currently
> >
> > the test suite was blowing up on both freebsd and linux for different
> > reasons, its all in the error report doc
> >
> > i guess at this point the only thing left is to try and compile
> > apache/mod-perl from scratch.. but i dont have time for that right now
> >
> > please look over and tell me if i should proceed in that direction
>
> well, did you read README inside the tarball? You need to put your code that's
> not working under t/My/Bug.pm if it's a handler or insite t/cgi-bin/ if it's a
> script. Now you need to adjust bug.t to do the request. It looks that you've
> change t/bug.t to request /useme URI. But you didn't configure it. You need to
> use t/conf/extra.conf.in to put any custom configuration.
>
> So pp.conf needs to be in t/conf/extra.conf.in
> and startup.pl in t/conf/modperl_extra.pl
>
> it'll take you some time to find your way around for the first time. Feel free
> to ask questions, after you've referred to the docs listed in the README file.
>
>  From your errorreport:
>
>  > **********
>  > notes
>  > **********
>  > the reason here is because mandrake 9.2 has ifmodule commands:
>  > <IfModule mod_status.c>
>  >
>  > <IfModule mod_info.c>
>  >
>  > that wrap arond these directives
>  >
>  > how can i set them into the httpd.conf?
>
> They are inherited from your global httpd.conf.
>
>  > please note it trying to use httpd2 as well
>
> You tell it which httpd to use:
>
> t/TEST -httpd /path/to/httpd
>
>  > ######################
>  > on freebsd
>  > ######################
>  >
>  > -bash-2.05b$  t/TEST -httpd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
>  > /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -d
> /usr/home/clayton/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp1/t -f
> /usr/home/clayton/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp1/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE1
>  > using Apache/1.3.29
>  >
>  > waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .fopen: No such file or directory
>  > httpd: could not open document config file
> /usr/home/clayton/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp1/t/conf/.#extra.conf
>  > ............................................................
>  > waiting 60 seconds for server to start: giving up after 61 secs
>  > !!! server failed to start! (t/logs/error_log wasn't created, start the
> server in the debug mode)
>
> you left a broken file after forgetting to save extra.conf in emacs:
> t/conf/.#extra.conf, delete it and the error will go away.
>
>  > ########
>  > errata
>  > ########
>  >
>  > not sure how to add in the fileupload procedure, please see bug.t for
> [...]
Clayton Cottingham - WinterMarket Networks
Virtual Reality Programming, Design & Evangelist
Phone:(604) 875-1213
Cell: (604) 506-7230
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
wintermarket@wintermarket.net