perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Charlie Garrison <garri...@zeta.org.au>
Subject Re: Ticket/cookie based authentication for mod_perl and static frontend
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 05:45:30 GMT
Good afternoon,

On 27/8/03 at 2:49 PM +1000, Cees Hek <cees@sitesuite.com.au> wrote:

>> Umm, use Apache::DBI, that's what it's for.
>
>It was easy to miss in the email if you skimmed it, but he is looking for a C
>based module, so any perl based solutions are out.
>
>The reason this question is mod_perl related is that he is doing the initial
>authentication using mod_perl, and is creating a cookie based ticket.  But he
>wants that ticket to also be accepted by a non-mod_perl enabled server (ie a
>front end proxy).

Thanks for the clarification. And the requirement for something that works in
both modperl and non-modperl servers is also part of the subject line.

But I'll try to make the problem/requirements more clear in future emails.

Thanks,
Charlie
--
   Charlie Garrison    garrison@zeta.org.au
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia