perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: installing Apache::Test via CPAN impossible as root
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:07:21 GMT
Udo Rader wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup Apache::Test with our apaches and have run into major
> troubles.
>
> CPAN refuses to install the mod without force, because all tests completely
> fail. t/logs/error_log then contained error messages like these:
>
> -----error_log------
> [...]
> [Tue Aug 26 14:23:47 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied:
> access to /index.html failed because search permissions are missing on a
> component of the path
> [...]
> -----error_log------

As you posted in the followup, this is a problem with all Apache:: modules.
The problem originates within Apache, not us.

FWIW, the cvs version of Apache::Test warns you early whether this is going to
work or not, rather than just failing during 'make test'.

Ideas how to solve this are *very* welcome.

As of this moment per your observation you need to either put the data in the
directory readable by the apache user, or build/run the tests as a non-root.

If you configure your CPAN to put the build dir not under /root, but let's say
/tmp/ (probably can come up with a better choice), it'll work.