perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Bruce Tennant <bluewl...@yahoo.com>
Subject (maybe offtopic) mod_perl/DBI/PostgreSQL
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:58:14 GMT
I just noticed an oddity in my application.  I setup a table in SQL with a serial, not null,
primary key column.

Then I have a routine that inserts into the table (not setting the key column).

If I do the insert from the psql utitilty the sequence stays consistant (inc by 1) w/each
new row added.

But when I do it from my mod_perl app, it sometimes jumps by two.  I know the sequence will
advance even if there's an error, but I'm not getting any error messages back from DBI.

Has anyone else run across something like this?  I know this is kind of off topic, but it
maybe related to mod_perl's consistent state.

Oh, I'm using Apache::DBI, not plain DBI.

www.bluewolverine.com