perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: MP_AP_PREFIX
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 21:53:35 GMT
On Sat, 3 May 2003, Addady wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade mod_perl  (form RedHat 8.0 original installation
> 2.0.40 mod_perl 1.99_05-3)
> Can't  figure out the value should I give to MP_AP_PREFIX
>
> It seems to me the apache headers are in /usr/include/httpd/
>
> > whereis httpd
> >httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd /etc/httpd /usr/lib/httpd /usr/include/httpd
> /usr/share/man/man8/httpd.8.gz
>
> But the Makefile fail:
> >perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/include/httpd/
> >Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
> >   MP_AP_PREFIX = /usr/include/httpd/
> >!!! invalid MP_AP_PREFIX: include/ directory not found in
> /usr/include/httpd/
>
> Please advise
> Addady

Is there a directory on your system, such as, for example,
/usr/local/httpd/, directly beneath which is include/ (which
contains the headers), bin/ (which includes the httpd binary),
and lib/ (which includes libraries)? If so, give that directory
as the argument to MP_AP_PREFIX.

--
best regards,
randy kobes