perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stephen Reppucci <...@logsoft.com>
Subject Re: Strategy against 'trivial' DOS attacks?
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 18:57:03 GMT

I should have responded to this a couple of weeks back when it came up,
but thinking about it, it seems to me that trying to limit this in the
application is the wrong approach.

Since he's running a recent version of Redhat (8.0 iirc...), I'd say the
right tool to protect against this is iptables with appropriate 'limit'
directives to throttle connections from any single source IP down to a
reasonable number.

my 2 cents.

--
Steve Reppucci                                       sgr@logsoft.com |