perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ged Haywood <...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Handler getting called 10 times when returning no data
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 15:10:42 GMT
Hi there,

On Tue, 6 May 2003 FFabrizio@Exchange.WebMD.net wrote:

> I noticed something curious...if I insert a 'warn "Inside handler";  return
> Apache::OK;' in my content handler before printing anything to STDOUT, I get
> "Inside handler" printed 10 times in my error log for every request made.

Well something's working!  :)

> If I change it to 'warn "Inside handler";  print "Hello"; return
> Apache::OK;' I only get it once, along witht he Hello in the browser.
> Is there some sort of retry when the document contains no data?

Most unlikely, but I don't really know.  What browser are you using?

And while we're at it, what operating system are you using?
What versions of Apache and mod_perl are you using?  What's your
configuration look like?  What's your script look like?  Etc...

Have a look at the debugging section of the Guide.  Things like this
start me thinking about `telnet localhost 80` and stuff like that.

73,
Ged.