perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Marc M. Adkins" <mma...@Doorways.org>
Subject RE: Can't locate object method "RequestRec", upgrade ?
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 18:56:31 GMT
> >> If I need/want to upgrade what to set as MP_AP_PREFIX ?
> >
> >if that's where you apache is, that's correct.
>
> I'm using the binary installation of apache came with RedHat 8.0,
> I don't know where should I point MP_AP_PREFIX ?

Having not built mod_perl I'm not sure what MP_AP_PREFIX is supposed to be,
whether it's the location of the binary, library, or source directory.

If I recall properly, many Apache installations have an installation
directory that contains all of the above, a symbolic link from
/usr/bin/httpd (or something like that) to the binary in the installation
directory, and some configuration files somewhere under /etc.  You're
probably looking for the installation directory, but that's just a guess.

For the binary you might try (if I recall properly):

	whereis httpd

For everything else, there's always the arcane:

	find / -name 'apache*' -print

which will search your entire hard disk and (probably) find your
source/library/configuration directories.

YMMV and I'm working mostly on W2K these days so I might be wa-a-ay off
here.

mma