perl-modperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sorenson, David" <david.soren...@jnli.com>
Subject RE: Websphere plugin and mod_perl plugin incompatibility
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 13:02:17 GMT
Well, I noticed that myself. However, the websphere plugin only errors when
mod_perl is loaded into the system. I've loaded in tons of other modules in
my experimentation just to see if they had conflicts with the websphere
plugin as well, but they didn't.

And yes, I've sent the traces to websphere as well...but the truth is, open
source mailing list support often yields better answers, and almost always
yields them faster than IBM support.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Thanks for your time!

-Dave

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stas Bekman [mailto:stas@stason.org]
> Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 7:37 PM
> To: Sorenson, David
> Cc: 'modperl@perl.apache.org'
> Subject: Re: Websphere plugin and mod_perl plugin incompatibility
> 
> 
> Sorenson, David wrote:
> > Here are the backtraces I got with GDB...
> 
> There is not a single call to mod_perl in these both traces. 
> I'd point the 
> blaming finger to the websphere ;) and therefore take those 
> traces to the 
> websphere developers.
> 
> > First case: using the eapi websphere module -
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0xff032cf8 in strcmp () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0xff032cf8 in strcmp () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> > #1  0x10b96c in ap_ctx_get (ctx=0x2c6968, key=0xfee777e0 
> > "ap::http::method")
> >     at ap_ctx.c:126
> > #2  0xfee2c344 in get_host_and_port ()
> >    from /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http_eapi.so
> > #3  0xfee2c434 in as_translate ()
> >    from /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http_eapi.so
> > #4  0xd3688 in run_method (r=0x248840, offset=0, run_all=0)
> >     at http_config.c:370
> > #5  0xd3748 in ap_translate_name (r=0x248840) at http_config.c:382
> > #6  0xf3198 in process_request_internal (r=0x248840) at 
> http_request.c:1199
> > #7  0xf3870 in ap_process_request (r=0x248840) at 
> http_request.c:1324
> > #8  0xe615c in child_main (child_num_arg=0) at http_main.c:4689
> > #9  0xe6404 in make_child (s=0x240840, slot=0, now=1052152573)
> >     at http_main.c:4813
> > #10 0xe6614 in startup_children (number_to_start=5) at 
> http_main.c:4895
> > #11 0xe7028 in standalone_main (argc=3, argv=0xffbefccc) at 
> > http_main.c:5203
> > #12 0xe7c74 in main (argc=3, argv=0xffbefccc) at http_main.c:5566
> > 
> > 
> > Second case: using the non-eapi websphere module:
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0xd8e84 in ap_get_remote_host (conn=0x25e0b0, 
> dir_config=0x24a040, type=1)
> >     at http_core.c:680
> > 680             hostname_lookups =
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0  0xd8e84 in ap_get_remote_host (conn=0x25e0b0, 
> dir_config=0x24a040, 
> > type=1)
> >     at http_core.c:680
> > #1  0xfee1c7ec in cb_get_extended_info ()
> >    from /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http.so
> > #2  0xfee21874 in websphereHandleRequest ()
> >    from /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http.so
> > #3  0xfee1c4f4 in as_handler ()
> >    from /opt/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/mod_app_server_http.so
> > #4  0xd3e18 in ap_invoke_handler (r=0x248840) at http_config.c:530
> > #5  0xf37e8 in process_request_internal (r=0x248840) at 
> http_request.c:1308
> > #6  0xf3870 in ap_process_request (r=0x248840) at 
> http_request.c:1324
> > #7  0xe615c in child_main (child_num_arg=0) at http_main.c:4689
> > #8  0xe6404 in make_child (s=0x240840, slot=0, now=1052152470)
> >     at http_main.c:4813
> > #9  0xe6614 in startup_children (number_to_start=5) at 
> http_main.c:4895
> > #10 0xe7028 in standalone_main (argc=3, argv=0xffbefccc) at 
> > http_main.c:5203
> > #11 0xe7c74 in main (argc=3, argv=0xffbefccc) at http_main.c:5566
> > 
> > Hope this helps!
> > 
> > -Dave Sorenson
> >  Web Administrator
> >  TeamSite Administrator
> >  Jackson National Life Insurance
> > 
> >  > -----Original Message-----
> >  > From: Ask Bjoern Hansen [mailto:ask@develooper.com]
> >  > Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 11:25 AM
> >  > To: Sorenson, David
> >  > Cc: 'modperl@perl.apache.org'
> >  > Subject: Re: Websphere plugin and mod_perl plugin incompatibility
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  > On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 07:23 America/Los_Angeles, 
> Sorenson, David
> >  > wrote:
> >  >
> >  > > When using the eapi enabled plugin
> >  > (mod_app_server_http_eapi.so) from
> >  > > websphere, and it's listed before mod_perl in the conf 
> file, any
> >  > > request to apache segfaults [log message: [notice] child
> >  > pid 566 exit
> >  > > signal Segmentation Fault (11) ] and returns 'page cannot
> >  > be > displayed'
> >  >
> >  > As you figured then a backtrace from GDB would be most helpful.
> >  >
> >  > You should consider setting up the mod_perl server 
> separately (on a
> >  > high port on the same box) and proxy requests through 
> from the front
> >  > end server (with websphere or a bare bones instance with only
> >  > mod_rewrite and mod_proxy).
> >  >
> >  >   - ask
> >  >
> >  > --
> >  > http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/
> >  >
> > 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________________________
> Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker
> http://stason.org/     mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org
> mailto:stas@stason.org http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com
> http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org   http://ticketmaster.com
> 

Mime
View raw message