perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Sorenson, David" <david.soren...@jnli.com>
Subject Websphere plugin and mod_perl plugin incompatibility
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 14:23:49 GMT
Hi,

I've spent considerable time digging through the mailing list archives for
mod_perl, websphere, and apache, and been unable to find a solution or
direction on my problem. I do have a case open with IBM, but they're slow at
best in responding.

When using mod_perl with the websphere plugin, I get one of two problems:

When using the eapi enabled plugin (mod_app_server_http_eapi.so) from
websphere, and it's listed before mod_perl in the conf file, any request to
apache segfaults [log message: [notice] child pid 566 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11) ] and returns 'page cannot be displayed'

When using the eapi enabled plugin from websphere, and it's listed _after_
mod_perl in the conf file, only requests for websphere served pages give
segfaults. (static html served by apache and perl-enabled pages work just
fine)

When using the non-eapi enabled plugin from websphere
(mod_app_server_http.so), regardless of its listing order, everything works
fine, except requests with QSA style requests. These then throw bus errors
[log message: [notice] child pid 581 exit signal Bus Error (10) ] and
returns page cannot be displayed.

At this point I'm working on getting some gdb output, but I'm not a
debugging expert, so I don't have anything yet. Basically I'm hoping
somebody can either tell me what's wrong, or perhaps point me in the
direction of what to do or try next.

Thanks for your time!

-Dave Sorenson
 Web Administrator
 TeamSite Administrator
 Jackson National Life Insurance

Enclosed below - environment details

Environment: Solaris 8 with apache 1.3.27, mod_perl_1.27 and websphere 4.0.5

> ./httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_gzip.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec
> ./httpd -V
Server version: WebServer/1.0.0 (Unix)
Server built:   Apr  1 2003 20:55:32
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:13
Server compiled with....
 -D EAPI
 -D EAPI_MM
 -D EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH="logs/httpd.mm"
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=1024
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"